January 24, 2012
A twist on an old time favorite!
Sure, we've all dredged chicken in eggs and breadcrumbs to make our own healthier version of our kids' beloved chicken tenders. But here's a new twist, fun for the big game, or anytime. The cereal gives it just a bit more crunch and yummy sweetness. It involves only three ingredients, is baked not fried and couldn't be easier.
1 pound boneless chicken tenders
4 1/2 cups of Honey Bunches of Oats, finely crushed
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat eggs lightly in shallow dish or pie plate
3. Dip chicken in eggs, turn to coat each side
4. In separate dish or pie plate, coat chicken with cereal
5. Place on two cookie sheets covered with non-stick spray.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce or on top of a garden salad!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC