6 c. apples - peeled, cored, and diced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c. brown sugar, light or dark
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. light brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a baking dish or dutch oven, that is at least 9" x 13", with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, toss chopped apples with lemon juice, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and cranberries.
4. Place mixture into baking dish or dutch oven.
5. In a medium bowl, combine cubed butter, flour, oats, sugar and cinnamon. The best way to do this is to get messy. Take off the rings and use your fingers to mix the topping until it is a crumbly and combined.
6. Sprinkle on top of the apple mixture and bake for about 45 minutes or until top is golden and filling is bubbly.
Goes perfectly with vanilla bean ice cream!