Here is a twist on a classic cereal treat. With the addition of some food coloring and decorative candies, these treats will make a perfect Valentine's Day gift!
- 2 tbs butter
- 25 regular size marshmallows
- 3 cups round corn cereal (we used Kix)
- Pink food coloring
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Red, pink and/or white decorative candies or sprinkles
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Parchment paper
1. In medium saucepan melt butter over low heat. Once butter is melted, add marshmallows and stir until just melted.
2. Add 1 or 2 drops of pink food coloring (optional). Stir well.
3. Remove melted butter/marshmallow mixture from heat and stir in cereal until completely coated.
4. Coat a 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray.
5. Using parchment or wax paper press mixture into pan. Set aside to cool.
6. Cut into desired shape, we made triangles.
7. Place cut treats into a parchment paper lined sheet pan.
8. Put 1/2 cup white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on 50% power until melted - stir every 30-60 seconds.
9. With a spoon, carefully drizzle chocolate over cereal treats and sprinkle with decorative candies.
10. Set aside until white chocolate is hardened.
11. Enjoy as is or package in clear bags with ribbon and use as a Valentine's Day gift!