Thanks to Merri, a fellow Macaroni Kid Publisher, here is a great Passover recipe!
This is my kid's favorite Passover recipe! We go crazy, and use all different kinds of baking chips (milk chocolate, toffee, peanut butter, dark chocolate, white chocolate). Then we paint on the chocolates, mix them up, and cover them with colored sprinkles, nonpareils, nuts, and candy. They are truly a work of art!
- 1/2 lb matzah
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and lay matzah on pan.
- Melt brown sugar with butter in saucepan; boil until mixture coats a spoon.
- Brush matzah with brown sugar mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 3-4 minutes (watch closely-it burns easily!!!) until it starts to bubble.
- Cover with chocolate chips and put back in the oven until the chips start to melt.
- Spread the chocolate to cover the matzah. Optional: Sprinkle with nuts, sprinkles, candy.
- Refrigerate chocolate-covered matzah until hard, then break into pieces.