When someone mentions canned pumpkin, most people think of pies, but here is a new way to enjoy this seasonal treat! Canned pumpkin can be turned into a delicious side dish your family is sure to enjoy!
1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 cans (15oz) pumpkin
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter
½ cup maple syrup
Pinch ground fennel seed
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil the first 2 ingredients in a large pot until tender (approx. 20 mins.). Mash using mixer or hand held potato masher. Keep hot.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another pot over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until mixture is hot.
- Combine mashed butternut and sweet potato mix to hot pumpkin mix.
- Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve hot.