1 box of your favorite fudge brownie mix
Irish whiskey (substitute water if desired)
1 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 cup beer (substitute water if desired)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Prepare brownies as directed on package, using whiskey in place of the water. For example, our recipe called for 1/4 cup of water, we used 1/4 cup of whiskey.
2. Fold chocolate chips into the prepared batter.
3. Bake as directed on the package or until a toothpick inserted around the edges comes out clean.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Cut into bite size pieces to be battered.
Just before you are ready to fry the brownies, prepare batter and fill heavy saucepan or deep frying pan with 2-3 inches of oil and heat oil to 350 degrees.
Directions (batter and frying):
1. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium size bowl.
2. Add beer to the dry mixture slowly. Whisk the batter until well blended and smooth.
3. Dip a few pieces of brownies at a time into the batter until completely coated.
4. Fry until golden brown and crispy - about 2 minutes.
5. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
6. Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm!