No campfire handy? This recipe is sure to satisfy all s'mores cravings. A big thank you to the Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club for sharing their amazing recipe!
Yield: approximately 3 dozen
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup graham crackers, slightly crushed
1 cup mini marshmallows, or large marshmallows cut into small pieces.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, preferably with a paddle attachment, add butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium speed until well incorporated and mixture becomes slightly fluffy. With mixer running, add eggs, one at a time until each is mixed well.
4. Reduce mixer speed to low, slowly add flour mixture, allowing to be mixed in well.
5. Add chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows, fold in on low speed. Do not over mix, to avoid crushing chips and crackers.
6. Place on an ungreased baking sheet, bake for 8-10 minutes, or until done. Allow to cool for 6-8 minutes, remove to wire rack to finish cooling.