These two seasonal favorites, roasted together, make a tasty side dish that couldn't be easier. Squash and apples are great served with turkey, chicken or pork.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Apples
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Put butternut squash and butter into an oven safe dish, sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven and add apples.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.