Warm caramel apples... not sure much more a description is needed. These are delicious served as is or you can top them with a scoop of your favorite ice cream or whipped cream!
Baked Caramel Apples
- 2 apples (we used a Granny Smith and a Gala)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 caramels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice apples in half and scoop out the core. Once core is scooped out, you can either use as is or slice further for the "flower like" look. You can do this by making circular cuts around the center of the apple on the flesh side and then by making slices from where the core was scooped out, through the skin (see photos).
- Place the apples in baking dish and put two caramels in the center of each apple.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in flour and cinnamon - mix well. Pour mixture evenly over apples.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 30 minutes. Time will vary depending on the type and size of apples you use, some are much harder/softer than others.
- Remove from oven and carefully scoop apples from pan. Serve warm.