10 1/2 cups all purpose flour (plus more for kneading)
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoons sugar
2 packages of active dry yeast
3 cups warm water
- Mix water, sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl, let stand about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour a few cups at a time and mix with your hand or with a dough hook.
- Knead until the dough is smooth and forms a ball.
- Place in a bowl, cover and store in a warm place until the dough doubles in size. Approximately one hour.
- Shape the dough into balls, make a crease with your hand in the center of each roll, then let rise about one hour.
- Place on a baking sheet crease side up and bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.