The one challenge I've always had with my cowboy cookies is a chronic inability to make them the same size. Seriously, they are all over the place size-wise and that causes them to cook inconsistently, so I end up with some that are chewy and some that are almost burned. So when the team from Silpat sent me their Perfect Cookie Mat asked if I wanted to check one out, I said heck yes and the final problem with my cowboy cookies has been solved.
Want the recipe?
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal (either old fashioned or quick will work, one cup of each is best)
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chunks
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- ⅔ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. An electric mixer will help!
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder and mix.
- Add oats, chocolate chunks, white chocolate chips, nuts, coconut and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a Perfect Cookie Mat. If you don’t have one, an ungreased cookie sheet will do.
- Bake somewhere between 10 to 14 minutes -- every oven and every batch seems to be a little different so keep an eye on them.
- Cool a bit on the cookie sheet before removing them to a platter.