One of the first things I think about after apple picking or when going to a fair or festival is caramel apples! It is hard to resist the tart, crunchy and sweet treat! Here is a fun twist on a fall favorite that is really easy for little hands to enjoy! This redesigned caramel apple treat is perfect for a fall themed birthday party!
Caramel Apple Cones
- 2 apples, washed and cored - we used 1 red & 1 green
- Caramel sauce or melted caramels
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Ice cream cones
Other toppings suggestions:
- Chocolate sauce
- Chocolate chips
- Whipped cream or whipped topping
- Cut apples into bite size pieces.
- Place ice cream cones into cups to hold them upright for filling.
- Fill each cone with apple pieces, then top with caramel and desired topping.
Be sure to enjoy immediately so that the apples don't get brown. Two apples should fill 6 to 8 small cones or 4 bigger waffle cones.