Apple Pie Cake
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
For middle and topping:
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour or line loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- For middle and topping - combine 2/3 cup of brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine white sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1/4 butter and mix/beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in applesauce, eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Add flour and baking powder and milk and stir just until combined.
- Pour half of the batter into loaf pan.
- Place half of the chopped apples on top of the batter and then sprinkle with half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Add the remaining apples to the bowl of batter and stir. Pour the rest of the batter into loaf pan.
- Top with half of the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until baked through.
Enjoy hot or cool completely - delish at all temps!