Healthy and delicious, this soup recipe is perfect for any time of year - especially spring! It's a great gluten free or vegetarian (if made with veggie stock) addition to your Easter menu. Add curry powder or orange juice for a flavor twist.
4 tbsp butter
drizzle of olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup ginger root, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
7 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat; add drizzle of oil.
- Sauté onion, ginger and garlic until soft, 10-15 minutes.
- Add stock and carrots, simmer uncovered for 45 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree in batches in blender (or use a stick blender) until smooth. Add more liquid as needed.
- Return soup to the pot, season with salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon.
- This soup is delicious served hot or cold.