A light and refreshing dish that is perfect to start the new year right. This recipe makes 4 rolls, which is 2 servings. You can easily substitute the shrimp/fish for chicken and you can also substitute the rice paper for flour or corn tortillas.
4 rice papers
8 medium cooked shrimp or 8 oz of your favorite cooked fish
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Chili Lime seasoning
1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1 cup spring mix
1 small cucumber, chopped
1 carrot, shaved or cut into thin shoestring slices
Few sprigs of fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice of one lime
2 tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Soak rice paper as stated on package and set aside.
2. Toss shrimp, tomatoes, olive oil and seasoning in a bowl and set aside.
3. Add all avocado sauce ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
4. Add shrimp mixture to each of the 4 rice papers.
5. Top shrimp mixture with sprouts, spring mix, cucumber and carrots.
6. Roll each wrap like a burrito and serve with avocado sauce.
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!