This simple one pot recipe is sure to satisfy the whole family. It is great served as is or with your favorite Mexican food toppings. Try this soup on your next "Taco Tuesday"!
1 onion, chopped
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can small red beans, drained & rinsed
1 20 oz can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 can diced tomatoes with lime & cilantro
1 cup water
1 packet taco seasoning, less sodium
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 pounds skinless chicken breast
1 bag frozen corn
1 tsp olive oil
Sour cream, optional
Shredded cheese, optional
Tortilla chips, optional
1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onion in the olive oil until softened.
2. Add beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, water, taco seasoning, chili powder and cumin, then bring mixture to a boil.
3. Place chicken breasts in pot and let simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Remove chicken and place on cutting board or plate, shred chicken.
5. Add chicken back into the soup and add corn.
6. Cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
7. Add additional seasonings to taste.
8. Serve hot, topped with cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.