Bananas have a creamy, ice cream-like texture once frozen. Add some dark chocolate to that and you now have a semi-healthy, cool, sweet treat! Chocolate-covered frozen banana bites are great as a snack or in place of dessert on a hot day.
1/2 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate - we prefer dark
1 tsp coconut oil
Mini chocolate chips, optional
- Peel and slice banana into 1 inch wide slices, set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in microwave on 50% power until melted - stir every 30-60 seconds.
- Using a fork, place banana slice into melted chocolate, coating completely. Scoop banana onto fork and tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place chocolate covered banana slice onto parchment paper. Repeat for remaining bananas.
- While chocolate is still melty, sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
- Once all banana slices are coated, place in freezer for 1-2 hours or until frozen.
- Serve immediately or transfer bananas into a storage container and place back into freezer until ready to serve.