I love cheese. All kinds of cheese. I am sorta a charcuterie board snob and love finding creative ways to spice them up. This one is one of my favorites:
But sometimes fancy cheeses and cured meats can be intimidating -- so I wanted to find a fun and easy way to dress up your basic cheese and crackers.
Enter the pumpkin-shaped cheese ball! How fun is this little fella?
This one we are dubbing as a "craft a snack" because we know the kids can handle this one and who doesn't like squishing cheese balls? (giggle)
Just a few ingredients and 10 minutes and you've upgraded the boring cheese ball to a cute and festive delicious treat!
What you need:
- Cheese ball of your choice
- Pepper top for stem (we used jalapeno because we like to add sliced pepper to the tray)
- Knife (butter knife if kids are making)
- Rubber bands
- Plastic wrap
Craft it:1. Take your cheese ball out of the packaging and wrap it in plastic wrap. "Squish" it into the shape of a pumpkin.
2. Wrap rubber bands around the wrapped cheese ball to create a "pumpkin" look.
|3. Using the back of a knife, press in along the rubber bands to make indentations.|
4. Cut the top of your pepper off and use it as the stem.
5. Add to your charcuterie board for a little quirkiness or on its own plate with a side of crackers.