Sometimes my kids can get picky about nuts in some of their baked goods. But I miss having that nutty flavor in recipes like banana bread. This recipe, using almond flour, turned out to be my favorite banana bread recipe to date -- give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 bananas, extra ripe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup almond flour/meal (we used Hodgson Mill)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Grease and lightly flour bread pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add beaten eggs, banana, and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In another bowl, add all dry ingredients and whisk together well.
- Fold together wet and dry ingredients -- don’t over mix.
- Pour into bread pan.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
Note: You may want to make a double batch because when this comes out of the oven -- you can bet it won't last long!