Eating a Keto lifestyle doesn’t have to be hard. A simple swap of one or two ingredients can make some of your favorite recipes Keto-friendly and just as delicious!
Swap out the noodles for sliced deli turkey or thinly-sliced zucchini or eggplant.
2. Mac and cheese
Swap out the elbow macaroni with par cooked and chopped cauliflower.
Swap breadcrumbs for ground pork rinds (think chicken fingers and meatballs).
Swap the pasta for spaghetti squash or spiraled zucchini .
5. Tortilla wraps
Swap tortilla with iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce.
6. Hamburger rolls
Swap hamburger rolls with portobello mushroom caps.
Swap with steamed and “riced” cauliflower. Pulse steamed cauliflower in food processor until it resembles rice and squeeze liquid out.
Swap potatoes with steamed and mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes or steamed and chopped cauliflower for recipes that call for diced potatoes, like our Party Faux-tatoes recipe below!
- Head of cauliflower, chopped into bite sized pieces and steamed until just tender
- 1 cup sour cream (full fat Greek yogurt works too)
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (one cup reserved for topping)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices crumbled cooked bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In bowl, combine cauliflower, sour cream, cream cheese, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, onions, and spices. Mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish and spread mixture into dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.