Hard-boiled eggs make a great snack because they are full of essential vitamins ... plus they're delicious!
Top hard-boiled eggs with these delicious veggies for a fun and complete snack kids will devour.
Ingredients: (suggestions - but use what you have!)
- Hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Cucumbers (julienned)
- Tomatoes sliced or chopped
- Fresh spinach
- Celery sliced
- Black olives
- Canned beets
- Carrots (julienned or peels)
- Scallions chopped or cut length wise
- salt and pepper
- Place vegetables in small bowls.
- Slice toast into 4 pieces.
- Spread avocado on toast and top with cucumber if using.
- Add a slice of a hard-boiled egg to each piece of toast.
- Give kids the bowls of vegetables to design their own funny egg faces!
- Salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Egg Faces are a fun craft a snack for the kids to put together. Don't have ingredients in your cabinet mentioned here? Experiment with avocado, roasted red peppers, peas and more!
*Use a metal straw to cut perfect circle eyes! (we used capers, black olives and beets for our eyes in the picture above)
*Make crazy hair by slicing scallions length wise, but leaving one end connected. Place in ice water for a few seconds and watch your "hair" curl!
Check out Dante's (Erika's son) funny faces - aren't they fun?