Between trips to the beach and bike rides, summer cooking should be easy and delicious. Not to mention it's always nice to eat light on hot days. Bite-sized food like these cheesy pesto tomatoes is the perfect solution.
Plus, tomatoes go with summer like bread goes with butter!
It's also easy to make extra and store in the fridge for grab and go YUM.
Cheesy Pesto Tomatoes
- 5 medium tomatoes, halved
- 5 teaspoons pesto, store-bought or make it homemade
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the halved tomatoes on a baking tray and top each with 1/2 teaspoon pesto and 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Roast the tomatoes until the mozzarella cheese is slightly browned and melted, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
We love cheesy pesto tomatoes in the summer because you can eat them alone, serve them atop a slice of ciabatta bread, or even add them to a sandwich.